Event Date: 13 – 15 September 2013
Daily Starting Times: 08:15 (Sunday 7:30)
Race Village, Start & Finish Venue:
McGregor – Camping Grounds (Corner of Grewe and Darling street)
GPS Coordinates: 33 56’48.45″ S, 19 49’27.03″E
Direction to venue: (From Cape Town)
Take the N1 to Worcester. In Worcester take the turn off right to Robertson and follow the signs to the R60. Continue on the R60 until you reach Robertson. In Robertson turn right in Reitz Street (Wine Boutique on your right hand side). Follow the road and route signs to McGregor. When you enter the town continue straight up in Voortrekker street and turn right in Bree Street (just after the church). Continue straight until you reach the old Camping Grounds entrance.
A Clover leaf route format with each day’s start & finish from the same venue in McGregor.
The route offers challenge and reward for both Weekend Warriors as well as Racing Snakes.
Daily Distance around 60 – 65 km per day. Route profile and distance to be launched closer to the start of the event.
Team Entry: R5 500.00 (Categories: Men, Ladies, Mixed, Masters)
Solo Entry: R 2 750.00 per rider (Categories: Men, Ladies)
Entry fee INCLUDES:
- 3 Days of Magnificent Mountain Biking in the Breede River Valley
- Morning Coffee & Rusks
- All Lunches (Friday, Saturday & Sunday (POTJIEKOS!)
- All Dinners (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- Bike Wash Daily
- Great Race Pack with race apparel
- Medical & Mechanical support
- 2 x Kiddies Race Entries (Sat. & Sun.)
- Free Wine Tasting at the venue
- Great Spot Prizes to be won for ‘Best dressed team’, ‘First ‘Newbee’ over the finish line’, ‘Last Man Standing’, ‘Most creative Mascot’, ‘Greatest Supporter!’ and much ,much more!
- Live Local Entertainment every night
- Finisher Medal and Gift
- Land/Nature Reserve access permits
- Lead and Sweep vehicles/bikes
Entry Fee EXCLUDES:
- Bike Service Packages
- Massage Sessions
- Support meals